You weren’t made to hide your light but to use your gifts to brighten the lives of others… Don’t be afraid to share the beauty of the dreams in your heart – wherever you are in your journey, your purpose is important and others are waiting on you to let it shine. You can make an impact by illuminating truth, loving others and living a dream that serves & enriches the world.
In the words of one of my inspirations:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
- Marianne Williamson from her book, A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles
I was excited to have one of my dreams come true when my clothing line Envibrance Dream Apparel shined some light at the 2012 Teen Choice Awards Gift Lounge this year. One of my ocean inspired T-shirts pictured above reminded attendees that “You were made to make in impact…SHINE!” Some of the shining stars who stopped by were Jillian Clare (actress and producer), Tyrel Jackson Williams (actor from Disney’s Lab Rats), Shar Jackson (actress maybe best known from Moesha) and Mary Murphy (dance champion, choreographer, and judge from So You Think You Can Dance).
I remember years before when I doubted my dream of having a clothing line but the vision never left me and little by little have worked to make it more of a reality. It’s a miracle to me every time I get an email from someone who has been inspired and I realize that my dream wasn’t only for me. Remember to always dream big, love and serve others and make an impact in your corner of the world.
You may also like:
You are here for a purpose greater than you know, to impact the world and to make a mark. Live boldly, love others intentionally and dream a dream that is greater than you.
Click here for this shirt and the latest from my Envibrance Dream Apparel collection…
The shirt above shined inspiration at the MTV Movie Awards lounge this year. Below is one of the celebrities who stopped by, Ernie Hudson who you might recognize from over 100 film and TV credits including Heroes, Ms. Congeniality 2, and of course Ghostbusters. I admire his work and the inspiration he gives to others for following their purpose and dreams!
You may also like:
Happy Valentine’s Day! I hope all of you love birds enjoy this day and make every day ahead one filled with love! Even if you don’t have a Valentine or are going through a hard season, know that you are cherished…
No matter what you are going through – wading in the darkness that tries to engulf you – know that the Light is stronger, darkness won’t last much longer. Though it may get lonely you’re not alone – you are loved, more than you know…
You may also like:
The New Year is a fresh canvas, and we can either hesitantly hover our brushes over the blank surface in indecision, or boldly move to create the life we’ve always envisioned. I dare you this year to arise and shine, let your deepest dreams vibrantly come alive again and nurture them back to health.
You have so much beauty within you waiting to be released, but the world won’t be able to see or be enriched by it until you make a move.
It may take time, a lot of perseverance and patience but when your aspirations begin to take flight off of the sketchpad of your mind you’ll be in awe of the wonder of the experience… so get to painting those dreams into reality!
What are some of the dreams you are longing to bring to life this year?
Above: Arise & Shine T-Shirt from my Envibrance Dream Apparel line. For this design I picked up my paintbrush after abandoning it for so long for the ease of the computer, and almost forgot how liberating it is to create so freely. I kept procrastinating getting my paintset out in fear that it would be difficult since I haden’t done it in so long, but I am glad I did!
You may also like:
“Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars, to change the world.”
— Harriet Tubman
Love this quote; Harriet Tubman was one woman yet had so much impact on history and our world – proof of what just one dreamer and doer can do. What are we waiting for?
This design is available as a T-shirt or print from my Envibrance Dream Creations Store. Click here to visit the shop…
You may also like:
Today I added the story behind my creative clothing line Envibrance Dream Apparel to the store and wanted to share it here as well.
The first phase of the Envibrance line is designed and dedicated to young people, in combination with my youth motivational speaking services. Later I will be launching a special Dreamfleur Line especially for women, as well as expanding the line for men. Read more about the story behind the line below.
I’m also partnering with my friend and mentor, motivational coach and speaker Evelina Solis (pictured above), founder of the inspirational speaking company Sol2Soul to spread the message of the line. Watch Evelina and youth motivational speakers Gabe Salazar and Patrick Perez introduce the line below:
Above: Select Envibrance Dream Creations shirts were donated to a youth event for giveaways.
Julene, the founder of Envibrance Dream Apparel was inspired to begin the company after a series of events:
- Ever since she was a child Julene has enjoyed painting, drawing, and other arts and crafts and attempts to use her abilities as gifts to others. She started her design and media company Envibrance Studios in 2002 as a teen, minored in art in college and wanted to find a way to create original art to share with others…
- She had always liked cute and feminine t-shirts, but often could not find any with messages she liked or with un-cluttered, pretty graphics that could be dressed up with cute layering and accessories or dressed down for casual occasions. (Of course we also offer T-shirts for guys too!:)
- When visiting her mother’s homeland of Haiti after the earthquake she was shocked at the standards of living there and wanted to give back in some way through product sales (a portion of Envibrance Dream Apparel sales will go towards charitable causes, including helping people in Haiti). She also saw some of her cousins in Haiti wearing second-hand brand-name t-shirts with scary images of skulls and decided to create positive t-shirts for youth to wear instead (this is an upcoming project of Envibrance Dream Creations, stay tuned).
- While working with youth as a motivational speaker, Julene often saw teens and tweens wearing shirts with negative messages. She began creating her own positive shirts to sell and wear at events, and to donate to special youth events and organizations (such as the shirts pictured above).
- There are so many t-shirts out there already but very few merge positive messages with bold, artistic graphics – there’s a first time for everything;)